Texas update

Over the past ten days I have been in Austin, and have not had an opportunity to do any serious reviewing. I have however visited the Johnson Space Center in Houston, and seen behind-the-scenes thanks to a family contact there. This wasn't, however, a proper tour so I can do no more than to recommend it highly and invite you to read my thoughts at my personal blog, entitled 'Friday 6th - Houston'.

Austin is currently the only major city in the country without a planetarium, and sadly I haven't been able to meet up with Torvald Hessel, the man behind the big push to put this straight. I am very much in favour of getting astronomy and science education out to the public, so the fact that I wasn't able to meet up is a great shame. He recently received a delivery of an inflatable planetarium, and this is a step in the right direction. You can find his website in the links on the right-hand side of this blog.

Finally, I would like to draw readers' attentions to the map of the places mentioned in this blog. This can be found at http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=107633271721151543513.00048d074e5db514ef336&ll=37.09024,-80.683594&spn=31.839416,56.513672&z=4 or from the links on the right-hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment